Fast Forward is a unique diploma granting program (OSSD) focusing on preparing students for the workplace. The program is designed to develop students’ literacy and numeracy skills in addition to their learning skills and employability skills necessary to be successful in a work environment. Students’ preparation for employment includes a variety of opportunities for work-related learning experiences including earning industry recognized certificates. For a summary of the Fast Forward program, please view: WRDSB Fast Forward Overview.
The Fast Forward Program meets the needs of a student who:
Has struggled with literacy and numeracy for a significant period of time;
Is academically 2-4 years out of phase;
Has had significant accommodations or modifications to their elementary school program;
Has an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
Students in the Fast Forward program benefit from the opportunity to:
- Earn an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Improve their reading, writing and mathematical skills and gain greater confidence as a learner
- Develop their learning skills and employability skills
- Build an Employment Portfolio
- Participate in work-related learning experiences (Co-op, Career Days, Employment Fair, team-building activities, etc.)
- Earn certificates recognized by local employers (e.g. Safe Food Handling, WHMIS, WRDSB Sector Certificates, etc.)
- Fast Forward provides a variety of programs, each one connecting the secondary school experience to a specific industry or sector.
INCOMING GRADE 9 STUDENTS:
Information regarding the Fast Forward application process is available through grade 8 schools or you can contact GPSS Guidance at 519-621-9510.
Potential candidates must complete magnet applications by January 18th, 2019.
Feeder schools will be notified about Fast Forward decisions by February 4th, 2019 and students must confirm acceptance by February 8th, 2019.