This is your news page.
Content here will be ignored and replaced by your news Posts.
June 15th, 2022
Instructional Support Days
June 22, 23 & 24
Instructional support days provide an opportunity for students to catch up on
missing work, submit work and receive direct individual support from their
classroom teachers. These days support student success, by giving students the time
and space they need to consolidate their learning, complete work, and move toward
demonstration of the overall expectations in their courses.
On the Instructional Support Days, the majority of students will not attend in person, but
will work from home to complete any remaining evaluations, or attend any drop-in
support sessions, or synchronous conferences with students or classmates. Learning is
largely asynchronous on these days; however, teachers will be available to students
via email or via Google Meet. We will follow our regular daily schedule for all three days
(June 22, 23, 24), as follows:
8:15 to 9:30 Period 1
9:35 to 10:50 Period 2
11:30 to 12:45 Period 3
12:50 to 2:05 Period 4
Specific students may need to attend in-person for some or all of the instructional
support days, and may do so by making arrangements with their teacher.
What will students be doing from home?
The answer will vary depending on how the student has progressed throughout the
semester, but could include:
● Completing missed school work and submitting it
● A virtual help session with their teacher to ask questions
● Reviewing the material in the course and making review notes
● Reading course materials they may have missed
● Getting virtual help from a support staff member (Special Education, Student
Success, Child and Youth Worker, Social Worker, Guidance Counselor) without
losing class time
● Conferencing with their subject teacher virtually to discuss their progress
● Completing an extension on a project or task
● Developing questions they have for their teacher on the work to date
Secondary Students in Congregated Classes and Alternative Education
Students in Secondary Congregated Classrooms and in Alternative Education will
attend in-person on June 22, 23 and 24, to ensure that they have the support needed
to continue their learning.
Secondary Congregated Classes include:
● New Dawn
● Z By The Y
This information expires once printed. Please always refer to the online version for the most current information.